Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Think, Please!



“Think!” I would tell my young learners for gazillion times, in different tones. It is usually uttered in humorous ways but not when I muttered this imperative word. In my recent tiny world where learning is a spoon-feeding a way, it doesn’t work for me. I need to defy this gravity. And my secret recipe to start with, I bet you know this–it is a critical thinking. I usually encourage these children to think critically in a good way. I do believe that even as young as they are, they can reflect on things wonderfully or uniquely. Each one has an admirable piece of blue-sky thinking. This has been my silent advocacy for countless years. Whether or not an activity prepared is complex, it is always a brilliant idea to beat one’s brains out–not necessarily to be of like mind as mine.

No, no, no! I don’t fancy standards in teaching, but I always give my best for my kids–all that I have, all that I am. It is not my custom to set criterions either. For one big thing, everyone is disparate. There is a tendency to only compare. And it is not my inclination sorry to say. My deepest desire is for my learners to think freely even if it starts with a wishful thinking. I will never set such huge expectation using my own measuring rod. If you mean about quality of teaching, yes, I do have that without a doubt. This week is our review time for the upcoming exams. I am doing my hardest for them to pass–to learn above all. From simple to seemingly complicated assessments, unless they will use their gumption and common sense, everything will be alright then. “THINK, Please!” There I go again.  




No comments: