Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pens



They are not my collection. I have actually passed this age specially hording inkless pens like I used to. In days of yore, one had written something about a pen and described it mightier than a sword. This thought became famous until this era. In my own days, when modern revolutions happened at random, we ambiguously perceived it these ways–to curse or bless anyone, to educate or deceive innocents. Well, it depends who is holding it. It has been three months since my tiny world is busy doing another advocacy in a new school. And these seemingly taken for granted objects have been my partners motivating, encouraging, and imparting knowledge to each learner along the way.


For the past ninety days, I have been giving out pens (like countless ones) to my students as rewards for their hard work–this to lift their spirits up to do more–not necessarily to achieve perfection for each one is unique and dissimilar. Aside from giving these kids constant encouragement, I realized that to gift each with a pen is a great idea. It is useful too. From a simple artwork to a complex lesson, my eyes are always alert to find individuals deserving. I also open my heart daily to live kind regardless of what I receive from my monthly salary. Pens are always top of the lists. We all borrow God’s grace and mercy every moment of our lives and I want these youngsters feel and see that. I was taught to show goodness to whoever seventy-seven times seven. 


No comments: