Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Favoritism



Favoritism is one of the words I dislike. If someone had to map every related concept, my eyes would probably be mindful of “one-sidedness” as the closest lexeme to link. My shallow defense, of course, is that, one has to love or admire or side or care or notice or show goodness to only one person above the rest–and no one else. And it shouldn’t be. As always, I am up in arms about it. I don’t have to elaborate this right? You know it, come on.

And if I had to reword it, my first sentence would be like this: “It is a disease that is affecting a person who knows it is wrong.” And I am so affected every time I see someone who is a solid fan of this craziness. Sorry for my term this time. And such behavior should not be tolerated. On the one hand, I am not trying to deny that I got a lot of favorite things and even people–it is impossible to have not–it is inseparable from each one of us in fact, but it doesn’t make me favoritism–it connotes differently. My piece of advice: NO TO FAVORITISM!      


No comments: