Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Lanterns



The Festival is still going on and will soon last at twelve noon today. Then we'll leave to another city with my boss in the afternoon. Last night was my first lighting and flying huge lanterns my whole life. It was worth the go despite being sick. People in all walks of life joined the wonderful celebration to keep the tradition exist for another century--or more. While I, wondered looking at every enthusiast lit the big, white object up to the dark sky--perhaps to deliver to gods they believe in an unfulfilled dream or unspoken wish or unanswered prayer or bad luck that still stick within. Culture is beautiful--yes, it is, but I always find constant change within--it drifts away and distorts in its own time. From reality to vivid images, this memory will stay only in the hearts and minds of those who have faith.


No comments: