Friday, February 16, 2018

Failures




Tell me successes, and I’ll show you failures. What made me inscribe this seemingly odd avowal? The only answer I have is failures–for now. Indeed, the taste of our own victory is undeniably overwhelming. It is a pleasant sensation–nothing but on cloud nine. I exactly had the same beautiful feeling last night, I thought, when another project was done. I rejoiced over my attainment in silence–and yet wounded. I have to leave this place today grappling with mixed emotions–triumphant in one side while an out-and-out irony on the other. This time I have to learn to value another failure like I always do. Yes, it is so typical of us to get carried away with our feats and then forget our losing moments, unmentioned. Pride or ego or fear or shame–these four ominous words will elucidate it all, or explicate if you prefer.



No comments: