Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas Decors


I am so immersed in countries where Christmas isn't that anticipated much (except for some enthusiasts like me), but this doesn't stop me from being effusive about it. You can see with the way I show it, I think--in joyful celebration. A decade ago, I started my own tradition to walk around downtown Saigon like a few days before Christmas. I did that just to take photos of the decorations--hints and symbols in all sizes, shapes, colors, styles, and motifs. It made me feel home although I was miles and miles away from my family and friends. I still keep this annual hobby to this day. It helps and shoos homesickness away.

Yesterday, I did it even earlier. But I had to keep my phone in silent mode not to hear those annoying clicks. The city isn't that much filled yet with decors to behold, and so crowds to endure though. Usually, it happens a week before Noel. And so I had the whole time enjoying, in awe, looking at the beautiful scenery at the moment. After all, what I needed is a hint one day at a time. It doesn't matter whether or not it is grandeur. Will I go through the hustle and bustle of the city in a few days' time only to get more shots? Perhaps or perhaps not. I don't know. Wish I was still ten years younger. Anyway, the picture below is my favorite this season so far--it is so homey.



No comments: