Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Boy



For many years have avoided coke victoriously, but not these past few days. Let this scorching heat take all the blame. I admit, it did satisfy my thirst but didn't please my soul especially seeing a little boy in need. And there I was indulging some drinks, trying to get quenched. Although I pretended not to care but God knows I wasn't ignoring him. In fact my heart breaks seeing every single afternoon in my class, When I could no longer hold my sympathy, I asked one of the teachers two direct questions: "Why has this boy been wearing the same old rugged shirt every day? And why he doesn't have books?" Well, no one could really get good answers from indifferent person-exactly nothing.

I told the boy to follow me in the office. And with the help of an interpreter, my son, I was able to get some information from him (the boy). I was touched by his story and so I bought him three textbooks sand a pair of uniforms he needed-hopefully can bless more. I don't earn that much and that is not the issue or hindrance to share what I have at the moment-I chose to bless still and will always do. I was once like this boy for many years-a struggling orphan who wanted a breakaway. God found me in this situation and I do believe He will encounter this boy the same. For now, a small sacrifice is needed and thankful to the Father for the opportunity to bless. Actually he is not the only one who is having a hard life, I am seeing few more individual kids. I pray for a sensitive heart.

No comments: