Monday, March 20, 2017

A Beautiful Reunion



Perhaps the rest took it as a rumor-has-it information and so it didn't turn out a grand reunion. Whatever reason they had in mind for not able to come, I'd take it still. A small get-together was all expected anyway. Happy to say, it was another unforgettable weekend worth writing down. But from a perspective of a father, a teacher, and a mentor who has seen these young adults grown one step at a time, I had mixed feelings. Had to hold back my emotions the whole time through. Nothing ever stays the same. That forever thought of something or someone will eventually change. As I tried to capture every moment using my phone, every action almost killed me-it was like waking up every moment in dejavu-forever nostalgic. 

Years ago I asked this question, "Why me and why here?" when there could have been someone else richer and powerful or when I could have been somewhere easier to live. Now it is a true revelation indeed that God's grace doesn't revolve around me alone. What they have become this time are fruit of those who prayed, gave and sacrificed. From those endless struggles I thought-all I had to do was cling to His mercy every single second-now resulted a beautiful transformation.

   

No comments: