Sunday, March 19, 2017

Over The Moon Conversation



Not done with the father and son scenario yet. And here I come again so over the moon from a conversation with one of my sons last night. "Director of Studies is so huge. And it took me a few years after grad school to attain such position". I told this young man who is a year three student in the University. "I may have surpassed you, but I wasn't all alone after all-we did it together."He commented thankfully and modestly. 

For a mentor or a teacher or a father or all of the above, there is no greater joy I think than seeing a learner succeed. They can surpass me even a million times-bigger, higher, farther-it doesn't bother me at all. Like the rest of my kids and learners the past years and now are living dreams, my prayer is that this son (who was once my learner as well) will continue to be on top...humble and kind. As an assiduous educator in this diminutive world of mine, I only receive friendship over and above staple-neither wealth nor praises. Never mind for I have let my selfish desire gone with the wind. .

No comments: