Monday, March 20, 2017

Little Monks



The normal weekends with these little men are in a classroom learning English and a real-life conversation with only foreigner in the village-me. Today was out of the ordinary seeing myself in one car with these little monks. Behind this story was a spur-of-the-moment decision. I was persuaded to join the ceremony in Ort Dong Torng Wat which was spearheaded by women in different communes. Glad I came.

Although it is not a rare scenario, this teaching endeavor was special arrangement, and told from the start to only teach English-nothing less, nothing more. As culture dictates, I cannot befriend them because I am way older and also they are monks. It doesn't bother me though. I will keep this plain and simple teacher-learner acquaintance-for now. "Why am I doing this?" is another inquisition I won't elaborate further at this moment in time. I'm not sure either if this question tickles me pink or my fancy or to death. One thing I know is that I am led to do and let the Father has his own direction from here. After all, these kids deserve an education like any ordinary pupil. Then let me plant seeds of goodness and kindness in their hearts to start with. 


No comments: