Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Silence Stings



There were times when we all needed a helping hand no matter how strong or fulfilled or abundant we thought we were. In short, as our instinct dictates, no man is really an island. And so we yielded to the reality–that undeniable reaction–a normal tendency to ask for help, but answers don’t always come easy in every circumstance. Even though we expected to get a yes or a no answer at least, but there would be times our prediction went wrong. That’s when silence stung our souls. That’s when I gave up to see a silver lining to happen if scenario like this arises. And it hurts sad to say.   


Although know from experience that it is so, so normal to feel bad when some people said NO to us or turned their backs from us, but a friend’s quietness stings the most because it means apathy. Because you’d never know what is there to expect–only pain from this noiseless rejection. I approached a few people to lend me a hand, but none of them said anything. They could have said no and I would understand. Minutes and then hours and then days had passed, but they didn’t get back to me. They haven’t yet until today. Well, I had my things sorted out. Needless to say, I learned to put my hope in God alone. 


No comments: