Thursday, November 16, 2017

Eternal Erudition



The only key to unlocking a static life (if there’s kind of thing) is through a constant learning. It doesn’t have to be mandatory because even a self-imposed pursuit of knowledge does count. As a life-long learner, I keep educating myself in every possible way there is. Thanks to technology for it lessens the hassles of going away–like so much comfort. I don’t have to go to school and engaged in a classroom activities or do some research at the library or attend an obliged workshop at all times in order to learn unfamiliar things. Internet avails every information I needed–and sky is no longer the limit these days–such a good news. All I have to do is willingness to embark on a new thing whether it is about career or simply a voluntary desire of knowing something. But you have to love to read a lot first or else this is way too impossible to achieve.

Aside from that typical definition of what forever learning is, I’d like to add my own perspective about it. “That for most scenario, it also and always involves stepping out of the comfort zone.” My mind and heart are in harmony with my conviction. And as a person who is a solid fan of this advocacy, I must learn to let of go of things I value most: my pride, my ego, my laziness, my self-centeredness, my arrogance and more–these are my own comfort zone–and are obstacles in life-long learning. Just yesterday, I struggled to absorb the lesson I had to learn. I had to read something so I could come up with an excellent job I haven’t done before. And in the heat of my own battle, all these negativity were in protest. Well, it was worth letting go in the end. I won and gained new ideas. I think it is part of someone’s journey to eternal erudition.  

  


No comments: