Saturday, October 21, 2017

Beginnings



For every human being that exists on this terrestrial ball has learned to walk before he or she could run. We all have our own beginnings to tell the world. And for every lesson I tried to absorb and spent time hitting the books, and then lived it to a failure and a success–each started off with ABC. Whenever I was upset about my learners (and prayed to have the patience of a saint), just had to remind myself how I used to crawl for innumerable times only to get this far. Yes, I still do this until these days and for as long as my task as an educator is needed. This remedy which I called a-must-pacifier is a very effective way dealing with some challenging learners. It cools me down.

“What could I possibly learn from these students?” I asked myself this question a few hours ago. Everything about them is raw–for now I’m sure. Each is a young hand at plowing, mostly in a playful mood, young at heart, and so studious–still undergoing a metamorphosis. But I once was very alike and barely had enough–so inexperience in many things, a late bloomer, and immature and naïve kid, and as poor as church mice–had only metamorphosed through God’s grace. I don’t even remember if I was an old head on young shoulders. No, I never had an insightful behavior as a kid. And so, to answer my own query, I learned a few things: love higher than the sky, patience deeper the ocean, and understanding wider than the universe. Isn’t it what our Father in heaven wants us to do the same?   








No comments: