Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Worth Staying


A day isn't that much to take risks I think - not when someone is in a dilemma - to stay home alone on New Year's Eve or be around with friends in abundant feasts. I was only allowed to indulge Saigon until the end of the year. And so overstaying was another story. 

After much reconsideration, I decided to defy just for a day to anticipate another year, despite a mild consequence - to pay five dollars for such a decision. It was worth staying anyway.

Thanks to friends who shared the joy of looking forward what 2013 has in stored. And so a bunch of thanks to kind hosts for every delicious meal one watery mouth couldn't wait to devour, and for red wines I couldn't resist engulfing.

What a celebration!

What a night!

One of a kind moment, graciously worth remembering and worth staying.

 

The countdown wasn't that loud as I thought except for the buzzing noise of crowds and annoying vehicles. There I was, and some friends, squeezing through myriads of people who were too eager to let go the old year anticipating the new one.

We walked kilometers away just to see fireworks to welcome the year, but there was nothing peculiar except for the chorus that echoed throughout the crowded streets - a cheer of a HAPPY NEW YEAR - yelled in one voice by people of different races including myself.

Well, with or without fireworks, the year 2013 has come and nothing can hinder time. As I cheered and yelled and clapped with people I don't know, it was a feeling of fulfillment saying goodbye to the past and just move on to another chapter.

When the clock finally ticked to announce another year, so thankful to the Father for all the blessings in the past. I owe it all to HIM. 2013 is truly an evidence of God's grace and mercy and love being an over-comer - I conquered the past quest by His grace.

Again, it was worth paying, worth staying, worth remembering, and worth choosing over a decision to seclude myself at home - alone.

It's totally crazy, but for two consecutive years, I traveled on the first day of the year. I got my first stamp though. Now, I'm home kicking off dusk and dirt in my room and had my late dinner.

Cheers every one for another wonderful 2013.

 

No comments: