Friday, January 4, 2013

Bloomed



With eyes closed, a regular passenger can still predict every stopover along the way. But it takes a keen observer to predict the unnoticeable thing around. And a sleeping passenger is another fact.

Maybe a quick nap, but I don’t usually sleep while traveling via land trip especially a long day. If I did, then it was no travel at all – it was just another typical sleeping habit. I’m one of those who find peace just looking at the scenery from a distance, and so don’t want to miss that. 
    
If I slept on board every time, then my understanding of a water lily could have been deadly dull. By just several glances, it explained crisp and clear the stages of this beautiful flower – from a tiny white bud to a pretty purple then turns a sweet smelling, pink lily – bloomed. 

Do you know this? 

If sleeping in the bus is another way to kill time, then it’s not worth doing – only sleep freaks would take the chance – it’s not my thing. I rather watch farmers in their canoes picking up lotuses at sunrise or sunset to earn a living. 

And so I keep my eyes wide awake for that’s when I learn to value each gift from above – a city person don’t see much every day. It is in this choice – a glance over sleep, I’ve perceived that lilies and lotuses grow at the same place and at the same season – they bloomed in unison. 
       
I can stand looking at barren lands along the way even if they give no joy in return – no mark of a lotus or a lily flower but dusts, rocks, and dryness all over. I know, it's only in a certain place, and a little more time comes a field covered in pink of bloomed flowers. But one mustn’t fall into a gentle slumber.

It’s true, a regular passenger can still predict every stopover along the way even with eyes closed, but he/she can never imagine how difficult or exciting life a farmer must have been picking up lotuses or lilies to live. 
   
More than all this prediction of a stopover – one confident person can brag – it’s only a shallow familiarization even blind ones can do too – again not when a lily and lotus bloomed. 

  

No comments: