Friday, January 11, 2013

Forever Learning




Humans are born to learn for as long as they live – inside or outside the four walls – where sky isn’t even the limit. And whether we live to learn or the irony, we just couldn’t get away with the reality. Regardless which generation, many have conformed to this claim… “We learn every single day.”

We do, and so do I.

Wish I could separate learn from work, but it’s just another make-believe truth. No matter how one tries to ignore this particular way of life, it’s so inseparable – that person always ends up burning eyebrows. Then we just have to deal with it.

It is also fun at the same time. That’s when pure joy comes in learning – all we have to do is set aside unnecessary pressures in acquiring knowledge and just enjoy every interest we have come to know.

“This is why I pursued post grad school, to carry lands!” I cracked my staff a joke.

They know I was just kidding. More than that, I know it’s something else to learn – doing manual labors – different from daily routines. If kids can do it, then it’s the same here. Whatever you call it – immersion or a new thing – it is no different but a mark of truth – to learn for ages.      

But then learning can be very stressful at times. It didn’t matter whether one chose that decision or caught in a situation of forced learning. For one reason, nuggets of wisdom don’t come in easy way or simply by eating peanuts, it requires hard work and discipline as many would believe.

When I discovered my gift of tongues, I thought it’s always easy to learn other languages. I hope it was, but my assumption has proved me wrong a lot up to this time point. But I’ve to learn and learn and learn all the more to reach my goal amidst obstacles.

So sorry if I’m not over yet with this issue or my venture in learning Khmer, but it truly gives me a lot of stresses. One factor is my forgetfulness not being able to remember the alphabet until now. And so it affects my reading. When it does, it discourages me to go on, stressed out.     

What consoles me is that age doesn’t really matter because life is a constant learning.

Yes, that’s learning – it could be fun or stressful or challenging at times, but it’s always inseparable in us. And so we learn from day to day in many ways or purposes.  

Learning also depends on the perspective of each learner – how one deals it creatively or how one takes it lightly or how one does it meaningfully or how one thinks about it necessarily or simply the opposite of each all – obviously these are marks of truth – forever learning.



No comments: