Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Laid Back


Not my thinking for sure, but only a lifestyle which takes careful consideration to live up. Thanks to this bus so I can access two separate worlds - a sophisticated one and a different side. 

"Do you have any plans moving to a bigger city?" a friend from Frisbee asked on the sideline during pick-up game.

"If it was 15 years ago, then I would." I replied.

Lately, I just couldn't stand the pressure of life in the city. It's too complex that only tough ones can tolerate. Many times, I'm tempted to blame my age for this inability to cope up a standard so huge. But when I see elders living in urban areas, then age has nothing to do with it as a matter of fact - it's a lifestyle - a paradise to somebody but not to someone.

"As soon as I get away from this place, I am not coming back." I murmured.

This was like more than two decades ago, which I considered an awful day. I was trying to help my step mother harvest rice in the field. The silence was suffocating me. I knew it, I didn't belong there - not for an active kid with big hopes and dreams in the future. That was I thought.   

That's when I made a silent oath to myself. I buried it in my heart even as an innocent child. Then I worked hard to fulfill that promise living in enormous cities with hopes of not looking back.

All these years I am so attached in crowded places - tried to go with the flow to beat a demand or a standard - not fully  listening to the call of natures. Only these last two years I've come to appreciate what nature has in stored: so obsessed with the exoticism of the wilds; so hunger for solemnity and the quietness of the night; so crazy about the life in the village - so ironic from the real me.

"It's my preference to adopt a laid-back life now." I added.

In fact, it took me a while to comprehend this new beginning. Although I grew up in a laid back town, but it wasn't always an accurate picture I had foreseen about me. I had to be somewhere else and nowhere else but mega cities.

No regrets for such a decision because I am so enjoying here in the village. At least I'm one of those blessed with natures and not worrying the threats of health caused by modernity or sophistication or pollution or all sort of hazards.            

Yes, I could have been somewhere earning a lot of money, and that's undeniably important, but let me slow down for a while to embrace laid-back routines. I've sensed that had missed a lot of great things away from home indulging the world's enticements - now I need to catch up with natures. Let's see how long I can take the ride.

When laid back was such a negative connotation, not anymore. Now got a new perspective of one thing I totally misunderstood in the past. So thankful for realizing the urgency before it's too late.

Let me share then my thoughts for this compound words - laid back: I can still drink coffee twice a day; I can still sleep the required hours; I can still eat healthy food and have meals on time; I can still freely see and feel and touch and smell and hear the awesomeness of natures around; and a lot more.

Never underestimate a laid-back people or a place or time itself. 


 

No comments: