Monday, May 28, 2012

THREE DAYS OF DEJA VU

Today is Monday. Been listening to one song the whole day through - Change Nothing, a winning piece from an American Idol Season 11 finalist. Can you believe it? The song didn't mesmerized the judges unfortunately. It was definitely a beautiful rendition. Only it's the kind one which takes a while to appreciate the whole score. And so I took time listening to give this song justice.

That's when I realized it's the one that deserved a standing ovation (in my judgment at least).

That's when I also noticed that this song is a deja vu in itself. I had a strong feeling have heard it before, just don't know where and when. As I said, it's a beautiful song - just take time to listen thrice or more. My third experience of deja vu in three days. 

I don't know, for sure we all have experienced this strange feeling or vision. And life itself always brings this stuff in our lives - whether an illusion or dull familiarity.

After the league last Sunday, my friend gave me a ride home. On the way to our destination, we were talking about familiar folks in Frisbee. One slip of a tongue, I learned that two of our common friends got divorced. I was quite shocked actually. Then one familiar memory brought me back in time where I predicted this story before it happened. You know, what subconscious does. Or maybe just a deja vu. But what my friend told me was exactly the hint my subconscious picked up, ignored. 

Let's say it's just a feeling of deja vu - the second one in three days! I rather say it this way. After all it is none of my business - it's a sad story though.

Last Saturday was a catching-up-stories from friends while physically away from them - for we still have facebook these days. And there was one heartbreaking. Like this song (Change Nothing) channels exactly the same situation where this friend stands.

I've seen this situation somewhere - and was afraid it's just another weird feeling of deja vu. But this time it turned out right. Maybe my intuition was stronger than this awkward illusion- and that I made the right guess. The break-up of a four-year-old relationship destroyed by a third party (and I guessed who, not just a deja vu). My first bizarre experience in three days caused by deja vu.

I hope I had enough. No more deja vu, please. It's just a funny feeling.

No comments: