Friday, May 11, 2012

PURE HELP


Only goodhearted people can truly define such words: pure help.  But a lot of people are also familiar with the paradox. Which of these thoughts you are so acquainted with? You don't have to tell me.

This is the article I was trying to blog desperately days ago. For some reasons, I didn't. Now been holding my feeling back. It's time to speak my mind once and for all.

Photobucket

 When I published my book (AT THE FEET OF GENEROUS ONES) last year, I only had one intention - to lift up every kind heart with gratefulness. And each generosity was measured out of pure willingness and not how much one gave a hand. So those examples of kindness truly amazed me. Blessed enough, not one of them had displayed something that made me questioned their motives in the end. 

Not one of them had uttered hurtful words to feel me badder. They preferred to bless. They were but silent givers and encouragers.

None of these givers hit my head, put a foot on my head, kicked me, insult me, joked around below the belt even in the name of excessive familiarity. Thinking they have the right to do so because I am nobody anyway.

Not a single one said awful words before giving. Not a single whined in front of me to feel them burdened. But many times one (I) had no choice but to keep quiet.

Do we call it pure help?

Again, not a any of those givers gossiped me to announce their gesture. They even warned me not to tell anyone about it. That's again pure help.

These are the many differences I noticed from those goodhearted ones compared to people trying to help but actually not. People may be different in characters (I DO UNDERSTAND), but that's not an excuse to go beyond just because you helped a person. Then you can degrade the receiver - that's not pure help at all.


For many circumstances, helping others isn't complete without string attached - whatever form it may be. It's not pure help to define. 

Those who know me from head to foot would ask the same question if they had read my book.

"Why Mr. X isn't mentioned in the book when he extended you bulks of help?" I asked this question again and again, too.

As I listed portraits for this particular book to be my subjects, I made a decision not to include him. But don't get me wrong for being ungrateful. I am always thankful for the many helps I received, but I just have not seen sincerity of the heart. And that's what I wanted from the book readers to see and learn.

If we could not help a person with a pure heart, don't waste your time - He will not honor it for sure. As you find someone to help today, think about it or else it will only be clanging cymbals. 

  

No comments: