Wednesday, May 30, 2012

GODCHILD

What could a godfather possibly give to a child who is so much blessed materially? By saying this, I only mean few things - to praise the Giver for pouring down countless blessings; to salute the parents for being selfless providers; and to appreciate others for their thoughts to bless this child.

Now he’s FOUR – let’s say, this little boy is still at “gimme that” or “take it, take it” stages. Sooner or later he‘d come to learn that life isn’t only a matter of receiving; it’s also living a generous lifestyle. Both thanks belong to his kind parents and to goodhearted individuals for living true examples – that he may follow this when he’s on his own. I pray!

Let’s consider Ninong (it’s an addressee to a godfather) this time – I, so been away to fulfill a commitment. The only occasion I’ve been to so far was years ago during his dedication or christening. So I owed him a lot. But God knows each prayer I’ve uttered day and night - always hopeful that this little boy would grow strong, wise, healthy, and obedient to his parents specially to his Creator. Paying that someday he may be exactly the person his loved ones long for. And so his godfather does.

No excuses, it’s always my bad. Of course, I do feel sad for being forgetful on every special day of his life. Thank God he’s still young to remind me for that. One day when he’s grown enough to understand things – for sure I’d love to spend time with him in a chat. This time, no matter how playful we would be – they are only shallow memories of life. Hope he’d remember those times. It’s still too early to tell.

 
 Thank God for every precious time catching up with him in different or simple ways. It is also a joy, as always, seeing him around growing wise and talented. And thank God for such a treasure – he’s the apple of everyone’s eye aside by those real beholders themselves (his parents).  I pray he’d grow up respectful (he is in fact) not just being lovable and adorable.

I was told this morning that he just turned four yesterday. What a blessing to know! 

That’s when again an inquiring mind asked the same question – What could I possibly give? He has everything one child can imagine. 

“We’ll it’s not always a material gift a way. There is always a priceless gift – an unceasing prayer” one kind friend encouraged. I agree!

But still it’s also my desire to wrap him something – one godparent would love doing. 

What do you think? 

You can sms me or message me on facebook for one great idea. I’d consider that one day. Thanks anyway!

For now, I’ve spent time playing with him – one simple kid’s happiness. Then I got to know him deeper. Hoping he’d also remember me every now and then despite my invisibility. I was so comforted that this is more worth than any material gifts. It was great, fine day having him around even for that short time. Always looking forward for more time- a godfather-godson get together.

“Dear God, thank you for this precious gift (Judsen) one godfather can treasure eternally. Please remind me of my commitment to pray for him at all times; to bless him generously in many ways; but above all to admonish him in a way a child should grow. Let your abounding grace, your unconditional love, and unending faithfulness follow him all the rest of his life. Bless him more and more and more. Amen!”    
Have a blessed 4th birthday, Judsen!

2 comments:

Cao Dat Cell Group said...

Sweet write up Poy, you are one of a kind writer...

BIG AL said...

thanks to the Cao Dat Cell group for the sweet words as well!Thanks for dropping by as well. Just feel free to visit my blog and be blessed.:) GBY!