Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HONORED

 Prior to these weddings, the last one I attended was four years ago. And so distance kept me from not joining the past invitations. Still, I felt honored amidst my absence. It was the thoughts!

The recent one wasn't that  perfect to say, but it was elegant enough to consider. I hope everyone understands the grace of the One who weaved these two different individuals. After all it's the faithfulness and love that counts.

I may not be the most anticipated guest, yet such a privileged to be a witness in this rare event. It has always been a joy to see two hearts knit together. What more seeing your friends treading this stage. So happy for them! 

Funny me, it was actually my first time in a tuxedo. I had vest or formal wears in the past unlike this one. But that's not it - it wasn't this suit made it honoring. It was in fact the opportunity to pray, to bless, to sing songs, and to rejoice with the newly wed couple. So honored!


People have different motives coming to the wedding, but only few can truly respect a solemnity. That's what disturbed me with the recent one. I may be conclusive or so judgmental, but a lot of people were so disrespectful of the couple. Maybe they only came to eat or so. For certain, it is not what I've been trying to say - HONORED. 

Again, the guests may have had reasons for being disrespectfully inattentive, so just go home and leave the place. Seeing them at the lobby doing different things was actually destructing to the other guests and the couple themselves. And for whatever pitfalls the organizer had, deal with it. After all it is not the guest's wedding - it  was the bride and the groom's.    

"Eating is not the only reason we came, but to respect every moment with them above all." a friend of mine said. 

I agree! 

But how much people understand is the question I could not answer. I don't care. I feel honored for sure being invited. 

Congratulations to the newly wed couple, and God bless you! 

No comments: