Thursday, May 10, 2012

ROAD TO REFINEMENT

Thoughts ran through my head as I watched one of my kids cooking lunch. Aside from having the idea blogging this out, fascination after another filled my mind as well. I was sitting at the corner in silence, and in deep awe. It was simply a typical day to notice, but I didn't let the day go without these thoughts entertained.

Caught impressed, I asked her a question, "Have you ever cooked back home?"  

"Yes, I had. But it was only here I've improved a lot." was her honest confession.  

"That's good to know!" I said, to end our dialogue.

With the kind of food this fifteen-year-old girl had prepared, only unappreciative parents would not care enough. But I was extremely happy for her.  She isn't the only one actually, we have more of her at the center. And so watched them grow and develop in many ways is a joy to my heart. Oh, about the food, it was good of course.


Haven't been here that long, yet have seen a lot of kids journeyed the road to refinement. Even the nastiest and the laziest, have become someone else one can imagine. They have transformed in time which only called love can define. I wonder how grateful those parents are to teachers who have touched lives tremendously.

No matter how longer or shorter the time they have stayed, only sweet memories kept ringing back. I've heard them told good stories countless times while visiting this place once their home. Testimony after testimony are sweet aromas as always especially how their lives have become in the name of refinement. 

It didn't matter how difficult life may seemed, they conquered all in their willingness to be refined. And once they realized that all these (training, motivation, hard work, and hard knock) were for their own good, not a single kid left ungrateful.

 Again, been here only almost two years but feels like for ages. I had enough whining when things went wrong. I did a lot of scoldings when everything was a mess. So much for reminders. They are too grown up. But I know it wont stop here. They needed more encouragement and motivation. But letting stresses go away is another concern. I had too much of this headache. And so I made a wise decision - to give my full trust to whatever task assigned; ignore my stressors rather than being a neat-freak; also taking a responsibility light and fun. I think I should do this to see any marks of refinement.

Are these kids so refined now?

No, not yet. It's still a long way.

They have to learn a lot to come to this stage. It's a constant process where falling and thriving involve. It's an everyday living where guidance and admonishment from like us is a must. For sure they will get there at the right time. After all it takes a long process to refine a person. I'm glad I understand. Of course, simple reminders and constant supports are inseparable.


Sad I could not see those who have left thrive more, but they will in their own world certainly. I'm very proud have been journeying with them the road to refinement where learning is a give and take. A lot may have gone back home, others may have found a new place to flourish, and the rest are still here driven by a purpose - both shared a common ground...to be refined for life.

No comments: