Thursday, June 1, 2017

Smorgasbord May


Even at the remaining hours last night trying to catch some shuteye, I couldn’t bottle up my excitement about the coming of a new dawn–today. Sorry, I was never a fan of the fifth month including those in the past years. It felt like each moment was like forever. As soon as the sun rose this morning, I got my brain in gear for words to say. Now my status on social media has it all. The thought expressed wasn’t that all prolific though, but sure enough my friends can tell how this month in particular had worn me out. Sixteen posts, countless challenges, silent cries, visa agonies, and all the hassles along the way to mind–not one of them is left unnoticed. I said them all last month, but it doesn’t make me less grateful about everyday’s life.

If those experiences are paralleled to food, they were undeniably heavy smorgasbords. They all came in various forms–so overwhelming that it gripped my energy until I almost dropped, restless and weary. There were bittersweet moments moved back and forth in a regular rhythm in a span of thirty days. All I had to do was survive. My emotions were in full swing–with ups and downs that confused my soul in the process. I had to ignore them anyway. And then some kind of life spiced up with endless unpredictability, like intoxicated drugs which left me blown away in agony for ages. I was grumbling to death. What a month and such a mélange of life to endure!  



No comments: