Saturday, June 3, 2017

Silent and Slip Away



I asked my foster son to describe in details this working place prior to my visit. Usually he is a gabber, but this time he jumped to conclusions. “You might not like it here” he told me in a soft voice. I believed him, but needed to see the school myself first before I second that notion. He was right. When I came here the first time, thought wouldn’t last even a week. It was a perfect idea to give them my words to serve this institution for only seven days. And days rolled by like eternal–so slowly like it razzed me in purpose. Well, I am no big loser you know, whatever commitment I made, it is surely done. Look, I even did beyond that pledge–a total of seventeen weeks to be exact.

There is no perfect school or organization in this wild world–not that I know of. One would always find fault, discomfort, and reasons to quit or reasons to fire someone. That is because life is never lily-white. I’ve got a hundred or so to justify myself and whine about my situation, but it won’t help a thing. It doesn’t change a decision made. In my case, I resigned but I am sticking to my promise not to tell a soul. At the end of that journey, I am still grateful for every wonderful experience I had. Never mind about those odious ones, I have learned to let go and move on. I may sound so loud in here, but not in this village. What benefits I'd get from telling people? I will slip away tomorrow and silent about this scenario for as long as I can hold my feelings.   

   


No comments: