Monday, October 7, 2013

Bussed Life



It may be a weird confession, but my life has been bussed all these years – traversed to different directions driven by unwanted and desired destinies – an inseparable trip one normal being wouldn’t ask for – not when there’s a choice.

I was born to love bus rides as far as I’m aware. But they weren’t just mere rides, they were open doors which helped me put things into perspective including lifestyles not my own. Then I’ve cottoned on to the fact that I’m not the only one existing – it isn’t just about me.

And now got stories to write if I had to – whether a series of unfortunate events or a moving narrative of my odysseys or amusing anecdotes from this experience or untold rumors I kept for years or thrilling accounts about each trip or simply a chronicle – in this bus rides – when each I thought was just a redundant ride of life.

For many times, I found rest and peace in what others call a crazy ride. I still remember had traveled by bus to far places for a day, back and forth, just to escape pressures and stresses from work. And it was never a long road – it was unwinding. 

My life may have been bussed to many places – restless at times; wrestled with hidden reasons; wondered about each grace; and wandered for countless times – but I had to learn and grow this way to appreciate the simplicity and complexity of my own existence – then I will never be the same again. 

It is in this bussed life, aside from comfort talks, I find my mind works really well – where idea after another pops up the most including those outlandish imagination and out of the ordinary – yes, inside the bus.

Sitting inside the bus with a seemingly inert existence, I’d say, one must never undervalue. It was in this ostensibly passive action – even a glance a way – I’ve come to grasp the life of each farmer; and have come to get the picture of what every culture has to unearth – so much better than not traveling.

The only time I had regret was taking the wrong bus despite options, but even so there was always something to learn, which I’ve already mentioned in my previous postings – mine now is to label it – good or bad. 

Believe it or not, I haven’t actually flown in years. But it doesn’t mean haven’t been traveling around this long. Aside from hitting the road through big and small cities including unfamiliar provinces, I have traveled to four countries as well – by bus and only bus.

A bussed life or life in the bus may sound inexpensive to others, but not to someone like me – it’s my ride of a lifetime. I can’t wait to see what’s in stored the next trip.






No comments: