Saturday, October 19, 2013

Windowpane




Everyone I think finds this single piece of glass in the window of a building enthralling. It brings an unexplainable aura of happiness rather than sadness or mystery. I prefer staying for long hours in an open-space or a glass would do.

I observed in many cases, when going to a coffee shop people are after a windowpane than the food or drink itself. They may pay double for the place like this, but it’s worth paying they say. I do, too, except that I never go the elegant ones – I know some cheap spots that got the same offer. 
 
Wish I had one in my place, but all I have is a window with grilles aside from my veranda. Since I am on the sixth floor, I always leave my backdoor (next to the veranda) opened even at night to keep me updated about my little community.

This is so cool sitting next to the windowpane right at this moment – a huge one enough to see the sky - it’s so refreshing. I am planning to stay here until evening and just chill.

The weather hasn’t been friendly these few days and this kept me from going out a lot despite my vacation. I am so stuck in my isolated room. Thanks to the net because this keeps me attached to the society – here, the near and far places. 

Got options though – whether to sit at the park this gloomy day or see it from a distance without being disturbed. My situation is telling me to skip the breeze of a cold wind this time and enjoy the air-conditioning instead. For as long as I have a mug of coffee to sip and a window pane abuts my shoulder, then it’s alright – I’ll be the happiest person today.

My Australian colleague had worked in our office downstairs which is unattached to the natural environment – not even a hint of sunbeam to see. While I had the privilege of using classrooms with windowpanes – not even a hint of seclusion to feel. Of course, I didn’t take it for granted. When he finally moved to the new office - now with windowpanes to enjoy – his life couldn’t have been happier.   

Someday, if I had to purchase a house my own, I want it with windowpanes – one in my bedroom so I can see when the sun rises or the moon lights – it means time to wake up or sleep. And then I will have one in my office too so I can watch the sun sets – it means time to stop work.

If it takes putting windowpanes for every season and to every corner of the house necessarily, I would not mind doing it. You don’t have to touch every nature to take pleasure in anyway – for even looking at it from a distance brings you delight and a feeling of relief – but not when your house is without a window.

And for a person who is a nature lover – it’s a perfect design for sure. A windowpane can help you tell a story of every living thing before you – even juts by looking – a thousand words to describe aren’t actually enough.

Don’t be indifferent; you still can pray for others when the weather seems wrong or rejoice when the  day is right – just unveil the curtains that cover your windowpanes – your life will never be the same again if you do.



No comments: