Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekdays



“These are going to be unforgettable weekdays” said a co-worker in the field as another day came to an end. I didn’t utter a word, but my silence meant completely agreeing. Those were remarkable days indeed along with non-stop laughter like we never had in months or so – we had fun as if there was no tomorrow.  

Despite weighed down by all our cares, we were enjoying the moments. We understand that every worry is no block to happiness, and so it’s a choice to be joyful nevertheless. Above and beyond, we knew our position before our Father in heaven – for even each sparrow’s counted.

If I had to make a film about this blissful reminiscence, it is when bloopers we did in the making should be seen as an introduction along with the names of cast and crew. This is how worth mentioning each funny mistake we had these weekdays.

“How can I log in on Facebook?” she asked me.

“Unless you close the Microsoft Office Word, where you are right now, and click the internet icon twice.” I said.

Then we laughed at the top of our voice and giggled at our naïve mistakes. It was also good to embrace the character of a child once in a while, and the next thing we knew, we are still keeping creative minds like of a kid in us regardless of our age – whether we’re children of the fifties or the seventies.

So there were also a lot of aha moments these weekdays– discovering new things that are familiar routines to others but aliens to somebody. That is why we must leave space for understanding and more grace for others to see. We do know that there is always a first time for us, don’t we?

According to my limitation and faithlessness, I’d probably wrap up these weekdays as another typical drought – when wallet is empty – wondering if I could survive another week for just a dollar. But I just did!

And there before our eyes we’ve seen the abundance of the One who called us – we feasted each day. We even had to be careful with our diet or else we will gain weight. I don’t want to go to a clothes shop to buy new clothes.

Our cups had never run out of coffee – it was another bottomless provision to enjoy.

To a friend, these weekdays were no ordinary as we tried to post photos of food, faces, and places on our Facebook timelines – not worrying how clichés they may seemed. They aren’t just bulk of pictures but hints and traces of God marvelous ways.

Don’t we deserve good treats for the hard work?

I haven’t felt in years that my testimony, encouragement, labor, prayer, and service are counted that much – only these weekdays – again. And so these days were truly significant in my growth. Thanks to the Creator for bringing friends in my life – old and new.


No comments: