Monday, July 24, 2017

So Emotional



“It is so strange how we started this beautiful thing together, and now I am doing it solo flight–left all alone. I feel so empty.” I expressed my feelings of isolation to my friends through Facebook. But I have to keep moving and continue doing what we have started. Of course, their kind comments made my day. It is just so bizarre feeling so lame these past days since they left. The truth is, I have been doing this stuff like forever. This only proves that I’m human after all (just kidding) having been overcome with emotion–for now.

I could have been used to this scenario by now though about people coming in and out of my life. This is not the first time to live with volunteers from all over the world as a matter of fact, I had this experience for countless years, it was just that the attachment this time was somewhat different–it was beautiful I mean. I conceived the project and these young volunteers helped me realize it. For three weeks, I had awesome moments teaching the monks with these young educators. I’ll be fine, I know, but I just can’t deny this emotional combat of feeling strangely alone at the moment.


No comments: