Friday, July 7, 2017

Few and Far Between



Learning happens in different places and times, but more often than not, it is confined in a four-walled classrooms twenty-four-seven. Except for those life-in-the-field experiences I threw myself into–thankful and regretful–when bittersweet scenarios happened almost unceasing, the rest were very conventional and praxis kind of set-ups in my pursuit of education. As pleased as punch, it was in those atypical exposures I got the real message of what this world is really into–more than just a locate-the-country-in-the-globe activity. And so I will keep spreading the love to reach out and touch lives through ESL for as long as I am able to regardless who my learners are or where this endeavor takes place.

People in my groups think that I am very strange for having such goings-on, as if I care. This is where I am led to be and show goodness to. So I will never ever turn my back from individuals who put me here–not this time. Everybody deserves a good education even the one least of all we think of. I don’t want to say that there's no struggle, and yet I don’t want to restrict myself in that four corners of the learning room. When I decided to do this, some friends thought that I fell in the wrong hands because they are of different faith. It is like I am going somewhere off the beaten track where normal believers don’t go. That is my point as far as my conviction is concerned. Sure enough they don't understand this endeavor. The way I see it they really get the wrong end of the stick. If it looks like I am trying to square a circle, so be it. And if they happened to read it, they must start redefining their beliefs. This was my few and far between life–not anymore–it will take another half year.



  

No comments: