Thursday, January 26, 2017

Memory of Iligan City



If memory serves well, the last time I visited this city was twenty-two years ago. And now I am back for the first time in decades. After my friend Moe and his friends’ basketball game that night, we had a late dinner at halang-halang’s–the only carenderia opened even at late night (or twenty-four-hour service perhaps)–where food is very affordable even for below average status–a fifty-cent meal. I told my friend that it took him to live in Iligan to conceive a good experience I will remember for life. Laughter.


Except for a kalesa ride in the mid 80’s, I don’t remember having a good memory of this city neither having bad ones. Hope I am right unless someone will jog my memory. That night just had a few–so far–but lasting enough. Aside from that, we were able to touch life feeding a hungry girl who was still awake, wandering for food. Again, I am so grateful for friends old and new and for every experience worth the retention. I will cherish them eternally.   


No comments: