Monday, January 16, 2017

Promises



This is my tick-and-cross-a-promise month–an effort to evaluate whether or not I’ve fulfilled each word I have committed myself into the past months and till this time point. Now I got a little more things undone and my utmost desire is to make them happen before heading back to my place of work away from home–soon. I never promised somebody the moon, but they are only simple concerns that finite being like me can afford to do. Each promise is a simple gesture compelled by kindness and nothing else. 
    

I am not very sentimental or over spiritual, but I have the feeling that this delay has something to do with unfulfilled oaths. I do not want to go back on my word. “A promise made is a promise kept.” I heard. It is always a joy to live up to something and heartbreaking not being able to do them. My human instinct dictates, never promise when your intention is only to devoid its worth. 

   

No comments: