Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Angelic or Devilish?




A very good friend of mine referred me to his co-board member for a job that sure fits my intention, experience, and academic orientation. His friend is also the president/ founder of that institution (N.G.O.) where I was supposed to work for. But it was another person, a Korean woman, who came all the way from another city to meet me up for an interview. I got the job.

Since then I got phone calls and text messages everyday including endless meetings. And for the first time in three months my life had never been that crazily busy–with this mysterious lady.

My first three meetings with her were fine. She looked like decent to me–so kind–an angel I thought would be working and traveling with in business purposes. But then the rest of the meetings were different stories. And what I sensed about her was poles apart. She started to show her colors. I didn’t know how much she knew, but I was reading her personality including her extremely surprising and yet wicked intentions.

If I had to exaggerate my story, horns began growing from the top of her head. Like a wolf in sheep’s clothing, that’s how she pretended like a philanthropist and the way she hid her evil sides. She has a rather devil-may-care attitude to her evil desires, but she can’t fool me.  

Thought I had the answer to my prayers, but it was another tight spot to be–a catch-22 situation–a dilemma–to lose this opportunity or to lose my mind. Of course, I’ve chosen sanity (laugh out loud).

Who would like to work for her or work with this devilish female creature anyway? Not me–as sure as eggs is eggs.

I used to be excited for every opportunity there was, but I’ve mellowed over time. And on that occasion, wisdom outstripped emotions. After many disappointments I’ve learned my hardest aside from not to expect anything. I was right. Glad I did or else I’d be upset big time again.

Patient is virtue and I don’t mind waiting forever necessarily for another chance. I rather stay in this scenario than to fall into the trap of the devil’s own job.

She knew I was desperate for an employment and she took advantage of my condition to put me in her schemes. The way she dictated the circumstances weren’t easy and it was like to be between the devil and the deep blue sea–in a scary, in a controlling, and in a cunning way. Sorry, I wasn’t born today. 

“Better the devil you know, than the devil you don’t!” I once read, but which is which is still devilish and I am on the side of the angels–not on her side.

Just had a big regret because I really hoped she was another angel could journey with. But thank God I discovered immediately that she wasn’t the one before she could finally ruin my life. I wonder how many are her kinds? Please do remind me!

No comments: