Friday, July 10, 2015

Special Delivery




I have not even started a draft yet writing a detailed article about an angel whom I’ve mentioned in my previous post entitled “A Friend Indeed”–the story I promised should tell soon, and then came more jaw-dropping gestures from the same person. 

Therefore, this is it.

One late afternoon, he and his wife visited my housemate for health reason. He saw me sitting outside the house. Maybe he discerned sadness from me and so he asked my condition. “I’m OK, but still jobless though!” I told him. “Ah, I see. I’ll call my friend when I get home.” He replied and left. I was touched.

True to his word, he was there when I needed a job. He referred me to a big boss (his friend) and made sure he left them good impressions out of me. And when the big boss needed some important information of mine, this angel dropped some errands and came by my place just to ask me personally. It’s so seldom in my entire life to have encountered people of good hearts like him.  

A week later I called him to inform about the serious dilemma concerning the job his friend has offered me. It was a crucial decision to make because I found it uneasy how circumstances were dictated by that wicked woman. Again he came to my place and gave me counsel about my situation. He taught me braveness and honesty telling my feelings. I didn’t take a rain check, but said my big NO. Thanks to him!

Just a few days ago, they came to my place again to visit my sick housemate–it wasn’t the only reason actually–but another special delivery–an unexpected monetary blessing. He handed me a white envelop and so my two housemates. As we said thanks, they only said a phrase… “God has blessed us extra, and so we want to share our blessings.” What did I do to deserve this? Feeling blessed!

I raised and prayed for funds about a particular need–a few dollars I needed to visit the kids in the villages, but nobody gave–not even my church or friends back home. Everything was an empty promise. And God answered my prayer through this angel. He even shared more than the amount I needed.

What a special delivery in times of special need! 

At first or at the second thought, my idea was giving this post a title like “Double Action’” or “Triple Action”, but then one gesture turned in one after the other–done in the most special way. Thanks be to God for sending us angels like this couple whose hearts are golden.    

Many people usually say that good things happen when you least expect them. I agree.  But I have something to add…“They happened because some people were willing enough to do them”–like these angels. 



No comments: