Friday, April 3, 2015

One Day Only






That one-day trip I had a few days ago wasn’t the first time in years, but like those rare kind to count it was also a remarkable happening–where grace never ceases to amaze me. 

For the provision through a person I haven’t met for real yet. A love gift to an urgent need crossing borders so that I’d be at peace legally. That’s when every immigration stamp meant so much like I had never felt before. Thanks to someone’s generous act when my pocket was so empty.

I haven’t been back to this familiar domicile for a year and months. It was a wonderful time catching up with the life I once lived and left–walked around down town and got updated; visited my favorite parks where I used to jog and relax; defied my health slogan enjoying the coldness of a cup of soft drink and a glass of ice cream–a life I never have in my new home now. 

An amazing friendship that flourishes still amidst spaces between us has made this recent trip an epic one to remember as well. I couldn’t exclude it. More than all these spices of a fellowship–an elegant dinner we took pleasure in, a delightful chat in a one-of-a-kind tea house, and a sporadic motorbike ride around the center, was another superb moment to bring up-to-date our lives including unfulfilled dreams–not a single aspiration is unheard.

All these I didn’t see coming and so this made me leap for happiness. I am so grateful for this unexpected blessing. Thank God!

I was actually lazy to hit the road at first because I knew how it feels to be in this routine. “Here I am again!” I whined. But it turned in beautifully exciting.  

Thought it was only an ordinary day when I had to overcome as usual the hassle of this never-ending drama getting a visa–this time in a slick way. Thanks to the bus attendant for the great help. “This visa means a lot to me.” I told my sponsor through Facebook. 

One day only because that’s all I had to spend, but it was worth going–it was another incredible journey with angels to cherish eternally.  

Only a day but my smile was like forever with an overflowing joy to feel. I could not contain it really.

A day spent in that long trip wasn’t enough actually, but I was surprised big time like never had in thousand years.

No comments: