Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I'm Eight



Let’s start with this slogan – NEVER. STOP. RUNNING – a campaign about endurance – one must be physically fit to adopt such lifestyle.

This campaign evolved few years after I became an aficionado of Frisbee. Since then, it serves a constant reminder when I tend to be unfit. Aside from skills and strategies, this sport requires stamina the most – how long one can stand to endure.

Ultimate Frisbee is the spirited sport I have ever indulged – no age limit or no racism or no sexist – everyone is welcome regardless of statuses – just keep playing with persistence.

And now I am eight. Not counting my age though, it’s just the number of years I have been playing Ultimate Frisbee. So glad I made my decision years ago to take part in this awesome journey.

Eight years in leagues and tournaments brought so much fun aside from beautiful challenges a million dollars couldn’t trade.

It is in these years that my potential in sport has been fully maximized. I was just a skinny boy in my younger years who aspired to be in a team sport.

It is in these years God has blessed me with awesome friends (playing the same sport) from all over the world more than just those awards and medals. They are still treasured in my heart.

And it is in these years I’ve come to my senses that even a person in his sixty can still play Ultimate Frisbee. I’ve seen it my eyes. I’ve played with these folks as well. And so I’ll keep playing even at this age.

I’m eight but I’m still having so much fun. As always, I am looking forward for more games next year and the many years to come.  

We just had our last tournament for this year – but not our last tournament for life. As the slogan states: “NEVER. STOP. RUNNING.” and so this old guy here.



1 comment:

Grace D. Chong said...

Yes, we must never stop running. The race is on until we are called home.