Saturday, December 15, 2012

House-hopper




Forgive me for such a house-hopper at the moment. I left my space and comfort in this city of Saigon for quite sometime now. And so grace is what this man needs during this priceless furlough.

Bottomless thanks to my warm hosts for not sparing a thought welcoming me in. And oh, if anyone drops by in Phnom Penh, just let me know, and I’d gladly share my small hut or be your tourist guide around.

Truly had an awesome weekdays – a house-hopping little journey filled with gracious joyride. And so a wonderful weekend under the grace of a kind family - my local friends and ultimate Frisbee team mates.

What about next week or the rest of the days this year then?

I’m so good for next week, but I am not in the position to worry beyond these days. Let my Provider do the transaction and deliver those gifts of grace await me. That’s cool I think than worrying.  

If anyone is in the same shoes this time, don’t worry for it’ll be fine. It is only a matter of kneeling before the Father. After all, it’s not in wondering but in trusting the Sustainer of life.

Yes, I’m a house-hopper this time, but not yet a gypsy. It takes a caravan or group of them to typecast my self. One thing for sure, I am just a commuter in need of mercy – not ridicules.

This isn’t a guy that boils water along billabong despite house-hopping – it’s just for a while. In the ground to which I stand, I am just a passer-by – one stranger on earth that needs kindness and mercy – we all do.

I pray that the One who blesses us with earthly things will give us discernment to welcome those who are needs – feed them or clothe them or shelter them or simply bless them back.

Not an immigrant yet or a homeless one or a typecast gypsy or the guy along billabong – I am just a house-hopper. But in this incomprehensible journey lies an incomprehensible grace. 

Once again, happy holidays!

No comments: