Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Moving-in-and-out Stage



It isn’t just about finding a new house – it’s the hassle that truly hassles the moving. Jumping out from one place to another could be tiring and stressful.

Indeed, it is! 

Whether one moves to the tallest condo or to the biggest bungalow or to the newest apartment or simply to the smallest room – it’s never an easy thing.

Are you with me?

We pack things up, and then unpack them. The following year or so, we find ourselves doing the same thing all over again. If you are keen enough to notice, you’d find out that you have actually been moving into places in just half a decade or less.

Surprisingly, another comfort zone has come to an end. Like an endless spin of a wheel, and so our moving-in-and-out life is paralleled to this. Don’t mention the groaning and pain for they are inseparable. We continue to wrestle with this exhaustion that runs through our nerves as long as this stage isn’t over.

Silly me, but this is just another moment to swear the undying swear – “This will be the last. I won’t move out to another place!” As if one has a cue of what is to come or a clue of what lies ahead.

I wish I had!

Then a dilemma comes in – whether for the better or worst. A decision must standout over the other. But each decision made involves the moving-in-and-out stage of our lives. Before we knew it, we’re already standing in front of an unfamiliar door- our new home.  

Then the cycle continues – we must face the same unwanted truth – the big M? Come on, you know what I mean. I don’t need to tell you the right word. 


As if we had a choice – not with this one as always or sometimes. This is the saddest or the most annoying, if not, the most uncomfortable part of this enigma.

We have to move out because the landlord or landlady will sell the property soon.

We have to move in somewhere closest to our bread and butter.

We have to pack our things for that place is a lot cheaper.

We have to in the name of safety.

We need to for our own sake.

We must to because the new place is more convenient.

And lot more...         

When we finally settled in having all the comforts and benefits one place has to offer, that’s when another cycle begins. Back to that unanticipated stage one hates to give in. But we must learn to go with the flow.

That’s life I think in a faraway land. I don’t know to others, but it is for me. I think even to our own country, the story is relevant to many people as well. Correct me if I am wrong.

Isn’t it funny?

“Oh, it’s more than that!” my heart says, agreeing.  

In big cities or in small towns or in huge countries, this moving-in-and-out stage it isn’t avoidable – this is part of a growing life.

I am not sure though how someone will get a lesson out of this stressful or unwanted or tiring life’s development, but I believe it does have – for me, it speaks about grace, provision, and strength as God always extends my territory.      

It don’t matter how one started life abroad – either with a handful bag or a very bulky luggage or only a backpack or an empty handed – just be prepared for this.   

In less than a month I’ll be moving to the city. I’m actually feeling the stress right now, but I am certain of a new direction wherein I can find new grace, new mercy, and new things great and small that awaits me there.

God bless to those who are moving in and to those who are moving out! 

 

No comments: