Saturday, July 7, 2012

YOUNG BUILDERS


Adult has a tendency to underestimate youngsters. That's definitely a human instinct. But if oldies are humble enough to admit - we (including myself) would learn that there are still bulks of things adults are incapable of doing. In fact, it doesn't take a higher degree to learn that.

When I declared a Volunteer's Day at the center few months ago, that experience taught me something Universities hadn't. I've learned mixing cements to form blocks, floors, and walls through my kids who rolled up their sleeves willingly. If not for these skilled children, we would not be able to repair and reconstruct our toilets. I was amazingly surprised compared to urban and rural young people. I featured this story in January - I Volunteer! Please visit the previous postings to read the article.

I was away for almost two months for a sabbatical leave. But I was constantly informed of the many changes happening around. And in my return stood before me a new school - bigger, wider, and longer than what we had. I wish was there to learn once more about new complex things at the feet of these kids - to build a school . It was really hard to imagine at first, but it was true enough.These young builders did it.

 
From now on the kids can study well rain or shine; their teachers aren't worried anymore. We can learn a conducive way. It don't matter how many kids come and go, we've got the gift of a shelter - a simple place where wisdom and knowledge from teachers are freely given.

Thanks to the big, big HEART of  every sponsor whose thoughtfulness abounds. Thanks for remembering these kids that they may witness true examples of kindness, selflessness, giving, helping, and caring. We are forever grateful for this one big HELP.
 
At night, when bedrooms aren't enough to accommodate us, we can use the classrooms to sleep tight with an assurance to gain enough strength till the break of dawn. Then we will have sweet dreams and real goodnight sleeps.

Thanks to these young builders who are kind enough to share their skills that each one may have a place to learn and sleep. Thanks to their willingness to take part making each desire come true. I salute you all and so proud of you guys.

 
A building, a kind giver, a willing builder, all these are meaningless without acknowledging the Provider of every blessing great and small. Thank God for the wonderful gift of life and for continually amazes our naked eyes.

No comments: