Monday, July 16, 2012

EVEN AT THE HARSHEST AND AWFULLEST OF THE WEEK


Last weekdays was a harsh one for me. It was like a gloomy summertime. My kids at the center were just so nasty. They stressed me out a lot to death. And so I had to be harsher dealing them - it worked. And also I had to calm down and give up minding every single mess and unpleasant thing around.

Then followed by an awful weekend. I could not stand seeing those wasted rice like buckets of them at the kitchen. "What is this?" I exclaimed in horrible surprise. I called everyone's attention and preached the same thing again and again and again. I felt so bored about this nagging not put to heart! 

I wish I haven't said the worst statement, but I had to. This is what I told them: I wish you could also experience a severe famine even for a week so you''d learn to value every single grain God has blessed us. I don't know how much they've understood it, for sure they were surprised. I have tried my hardest to remind them sweet and harsh constantly, but they still don't get the point. It happened many times.


Maybe from where I come from every gain is treasured.We had experienced the worst in life such as  famine, drought, and even nightmare one would not want to happen again - and they haven't yet. And so they don't get my point. 

Maybe I should not compare my life in the past because it's mine - and theirs are different. But they see with their own eyes how their parents toil, plow, plant, and farm rain and shine just to live. And even these kids have done the same hardship under the sun. Then it's an enough reason to know why must not waste a lot of rice. 

What a harsh weekdays! What an awful weekend! I wish these days weren't made. But I have learned in life that even in the harshest and the awfullest, one can still learn a precious lesson out of these - for me to be a courageous father constantly reminding these naive kids. It's a challenge, but I pray someday, somehow that this constant nagging would turn a golden rule to live by.

Now, even at the harshest and the awfullest of the week, life is still beautiful. One must just try to see the good side it brings.

No comments: