Monday, July 23, 2012

WRITE FOR LIFE


One of the bravest things I did in the world of writing was to join Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature. I didn't realize I ventured big time. I sent entries couple of times. And none of those won any awards. But I pursued my dream.

Joining this prestigious awards is also discouraging at times. I felt this way every time my piece of work wasn't chosen to top. Good for those whose names are already in the Hall of Fame. That's life - some win, and some don't. But losing won't keep me from writing and sending entries. I still write.   

Not to sour grape the scenario, now it's not about winning anymore - it's about trying. I've learned this wisdom from my favorite writers - Ate Grace Chong and JR Chong who are successfully blessed in this path; and who have harvested awards in this literary competition in particular. While I, still trying. 

My blog (http://libod-libod.blogspot.com/) was conceived because of these two influential writers. More than just suggesting, they inspired me to create one. I've attempted twice - the first one didn't turn out well.

Now, I am keeping one for almost 4 years with or without readers. Thanks for such an access through e-blogger account. I still share my heart out, and will continually speak out my mind. Mine is the quietest blog has ever existed having one single follower (Jane, my classmate in secondary school) has signed up. Thanks to her! I feel honored.

My stat helps me update readers and visitors. As always, I get unpleasant tally. But It doesn't mater, reading is one's choice. You can't force someone to drop by one's blog. A lot of times (my) expected readers are just clanging cymbals full of promises. They don't really read your stories. That's what I have learned from blogging.

Have I been tempted to stop blogging?

The answer is clear - YES,  like hundred times. I also have thought many times that writing isn't really for me, but that's when I focused so much on winning and how much visitors my blog gets.

I am reminded that this isn't all about fame or whose blog gets a lot of avid fans - I write because I want to bless, encourage, and inspire others as well. I will write for life. It's my new definition of blogging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Pastor! Write it! I admire those people who have the passion to write. Sad to say I am not one of those! I love to talk :-)

BIG AL said...

Thanks Jr, appreciated your comment and for dropping by. actually u could be one of them.just keep writing. god bless.

p.s. doy, no ma ya lang tu comigo man address ptr. i am not. sorry to say. thanks