Monday, July 16, 2012

FEATURING COFFEE


It's not about an addictive drink one fancies - it's a puppy. I gave her this name because she looks like a coffee milk to me. Fortunately, she is very friendly and clever. Besides, an owner wouldn't find her difficult to feed - she eats anything chewable.

Coffee has arrived two weeks ago. I almost sent her back to the village because of two other nasty puppies before her. And so I made a new rule about having no pets around. "NO MORE PETS ALLOWED AT THE CENTER" I announced it crisp and clear.

When I came home one afternoon from the internet shop, I saw a student playing a puppy.  

"Whose puppy is it? Didn't I tell everyone no more pets allowed here?" I asked.

Only to know, she was one of our teachers' pet. And when I insisted to send the puppy back to where it was taken from, this lovely creature ran to me begging. She did all the acting, and groaning one legalistic man can change his mind.

And I changed my mind.

 
I was surprised to see such a cute creature to understand everything I said, and my intention. So clever of her! She could have had an Oscar Award. Everyone clapped when I announced that she could stay. It took humility to eat my words back (laugh out loud).

Then I named her coffee. I was amazed too because it only took few seconds to instill that name in her brain. One tried to change her name but it didn't work out. Maybe she likes the sound of a coffee or the calling itself. Or maybe I'm just good at naming names because it always stood them all (even the cats' names at the center).


And then I fed this puppy her first meal. Wow, she ate a lot like hasn't been fed for a long time.We don't have a hard time giving coffee food. The only issue we have is that she never stops eating. We really have to control that habit for her not to die.

She is the fifth puppy we have so far, and the second one so attached to me. Pakingking was the first one I was attached to. I featured him last year, too. He was here last summer. But I had to send him back because the owner never took care of him well. Now another lovely puppy (coffee) this summer.

 
I thought we would have two beautiful puppies before coffee but those little creatures were so strange that no one could pet. I haven't seen so unfriendly and messy puppies like they were. They were very cute though - only they barked, screamed and pooped a lot. None at the center finds them adorable. And so I had to give them back to our Director's care since he got a bigger place for these puppies to run around.

Coffee is very adorable and funny at times. She surprises me everyday with her behavior. She is the sweetest puppy I know. She is so affectionate. The only problem I have are my two cats - they are unfriendly to her. They don't like coffee around. I'd say, they don't get along but the never fight.

No comments: