Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Freedom




Some people can probably link ten or hundred similar words to this, while I’ve only a thing to utter at the moment–in a shocking candor, not even relevant to the mainstream–solitude. I have been waiting for this moment in months when I don’t have to kowtow or toe the line–just me in this aloneness.  

I am actually extrovert by nature, but it is no life-threatening or a mortal sin to stay away from people every so often. I do think that. For me it is just another means of enjoying the liberty therein especially when you can’t express it in the presence of the multitude. And so I am going to enjoy it like there’s no next time.

Doing those undesirable routines the past four months was no joke at all. The feeling was like an out-and-out anguish. I felt down-and-out loser being in this scenario (I’m sorry, it’s unspoken). Every single hour outside the house was like heaven to me. I don’t mind serving people in fact for as long they can tell apart grace from exploitation. 

Now I am rested.

Anticipating a journey with an angel excites me a lot–a nail-biting kind I’d say, but this one is the irony. Everyone is a creature in disguise–each one has a hidden agenda. And so I am very desperate to grab this freedom–this one week of isolation away from these individuals.

Right here in this solitude of mine gives me more time to reflect life at present. It could have been awfully different being stuck somewhere stressful. It’s not a distant world yet, but the anxiety is far-off me. And it helps.   

In this freedom where less important things such as watching TV and a small bathroom are set great store by like they’ve never been valued ever. Here I pretend as a couch potato for awhile taking advantage of this blessing.  

In this borrowed liberty–a gift of time–when I do not have to worry about my stressors and those annoying chores–I only think about myself selfishly for once in my life–eat, sleep, and be merry.  

Funny though, but I have earnestly prayed and prayed day and night for an opportunity to journey with angels, and yet what had happened was the contrary. Look at the kind of life I have been getting the past months. Let me guess, perhaps to value every bit of freedom there is.

What can I say but thank God for this wonderful moment of freedom called solitude. 





No comments: