Friday, June 12, 2015

Backpacking





Given half a chance, this is no longer the exploration I want to do for at least few years. It stands to reason that what I used to see as goings-on are not interesting anymore–they’re but humdrum motions and scenarios. And the irony is that I did it again. Oops!

Imagine yourself doing it for one and a half decades, and you’d be tired by now without a doubt. Or maybe I am wrong because it will depend still upon somebody’s outlook on this matter or lifestyle in traveling. It’s your call.  

I backpacked for six days this time without expecting anything except for a wonderful angel–a miracle–a hope to be able to meet him or her face to face. But none in those suspicious passersby I’ve seen transformation–not even a single creature in disguise. 

There unlike in the olden days, I tried to swim against the tide–got off from the old habits of what usually a backpacker does. I just stayed at the cheap guesthouse to get some rest.

Sad to say destiny wasn’t that cooperative enough to bring one by chance. It wasn’t meant to be yet.

Seldom or never at all would I say had encountered goodhearted backpackers in the past. And if I did, I could have remembered one or two so well. People in this bustling journey are just too occupied minding their own stuff or greediness in the worst case. But I do recall helping a lot of tourists in many ways.

Putting my thoughts into words about backpacking is nothing but a manifestation of my wondering mind. It always makes me curious how is it like meeting an angel or two in this full of life situation. I am excited to find out so soon.

For countless times I have tried to avoid this blasé set-up, but it seems inseparable. One day I just realized was there again–immersed back in this existence–only a tolerant person lasts.  

Do angels really backpack? I wonder!

What I perceive from here about these people who are on the move, not sure if my wish will come true. But it’s alright. “You pays your money and you takes your choice!” This is the path and the theme I’ve chosen this year–let it be.





No comments: