Monday, June 15, 2015

False Hopes





Was there a time in your life so gullible about someone’s promise? Only to find out with every fiber of your being you were actually hoping against hope. Then you fell for it the second time and then again and again. I had it. I was this person in reality.

I just don’t know, it’s really my weakness to easily pin my hopes on somebody. But don’t get me wrong though, I am not that stupid or ignorant or naïve or illogical–I’m just trusting especially taking a friend’s word for it.

Maybe you are different and so you don’t waste time listening to this seemingly assuring speech of an angel and yet a big fat lie while I the fallen victim of these false hopes. This is me.

Of course, I want to grow up from this countless failures and let this make-believe world undertake by people go out of the window. Why not? So sick of it!

A lot of people around me are actually good at raising false hopes on someone. They promised me earth as if they owned it. I waited and waited and waited and the next thing I knew, I’ve been waiting forever. The hope had vanished into thin air.

False hopes are absolutely tempting and no need to remind you this. It doesn’t take so much discernment to find that out especially if you are so familiar with the person. The problem is me. “Tell me another one!” Bold people would say. Wish it is easier for me to express bluntly too. 

If you are one of these easy to fool human beings, then it’s time to let go of false hopes you have been hoarding your life for many, many years. I am speaking for myself in the first place. I will journey no more with these pretentious angels.

Now that I have learned my lesson, the next time they come to me and say, ”Oh, I’ll sponsor your trip to the US or I’ll wire you a fund for your humanitarian aid or I’ll invite you to come to Korea, blah, blah, blah,” oh no, thanks!

I’ll just think of them as clanging cymbals. After all I have come to my senses that I had enough of this pointless conversation. It’s also time not to hold out much hope of getting a positive result from all these false hopes. 

Usually the one who promises you the moon is also the one who dashes that hope. Pinch yourself from time to time to make sure you are really awake. Or simply learn this phrase…”Save it!”

 

No comments: