Monday, January 12, 2015

No Journey, No Angel




 

One thing I failed to criticize while conceptualizing this year’s theme was the “silent day” scenario–an inactive style of life–when I didn’t have to do anything or travel somewhere. I detest such time and being a couch potato. And it just happened this weekend.

What I envisaged in the process of this creative work was an on-the-go encounter with a philanthropist or a traveler or someone in disguise or a pious hope of literal angel–an endless action-packed story–action, action, and action. I was on cloud nine perhaps.

Now I have to reconsider each possibility and get real about it. Life isn’t always as beautiful or as colorful as an adventure. We knew it. It could be a rollercoaster ride or a topsy-turvy one before our very eyes–if not it could be sadder than a typical day–as if angels were taking a break.  

It’s good to notice this early or else I won’t be able to get the picture that angels can actually fly–I don’t need to find them every time. They come to you in different forms or when we least expected it–in good or bad times. Like the story of a tiny tot I blogged last week and another angel of mine who came last weekend. 

Did I just say “another angel of mine”? I think I did. It’s like I know a myriad of this creature, eh. But of course, he’s an angel of mine. And it’s my pleasure mentioning him again this second chance. He is one of the adopted children I got in this wide world.

He came to see me yesterday. It was a plan. I had to cancel my pickup game (Ultimate Frisbee) in the city and a friend’s date to check how he was. You know a father instinct? He got sick actually and so I had to send him back home to rest.   

He made my day though–my boring weekend so to speak.

If you followed my blog last year, you could have read my article about him. Anyway, this angel of mine is an orphan. And it always breaks my heart seeing him. But at least I am here for him as his foster father–it doesn’t matter if it’s legal or not or if we’re no biologically related. It’s not an issue I bother.

See? Angels come and angels go even in a seemingly static life. When I thought my weekend would be a “no journey, no angel” status, there my son and shattered that quietness.

P.S. I’m not thankful because he came to see me, it’s because he’s my angel and it’s my joy to serve him and care for him and love him like my own dearest son.


No comments: