Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dined with Angels



 

Have you ever thought of dining with creatures in white robes or with wings? Perhaps not because you knew they are immortals who never fancy what mortals crave. Or probably yes because who knows your imagination is wildest than anyone else.  

This mind’s eye of mine hadn’t come up until last week–for the first time in my entire existence. It’s so bizarre, I know, but it is worth writing the story–hopefully it’s larger than life. 

Yes, I dined with angels the first day of the year but not the first time ever. It was my treat this time to celebrate the gift of friendship and to bid 2014 goodbye. I actually dined with them the whole weekend through–when grace was so brimful of feastings and joy. 

They are no typical ones, but wingless–they wear fashionable clothes and up-to-date accessories, which incorruptible beings find them uncomfortable. It doesn’t matter for they got big hearts–full of kindness and generosity.  

They can’t fly either. And oh, that’s a lot better. I’d feel jealous then if they do because it’s also my fondest dream to take to the air literally. 

I also invited my adopted son to dine with us so that he would know that angels exist. In this greedy world where we are, seldom would he find people of good intentions–my friends are one of those warmhearted people. 

Whether it’s just a wishful thinking or a fervent prayer, we seek or wait for an angel to come to the rescue whenever we are down. It’s nothing wrong. And yet we also tend to forget that real angels are the ones we take for granted everyday–they can be our families or friends or mentors or neighbors or strangers in rare case. 

My unsolicited encouragement is to appreciate them while you still can–in season and out of season–in drought and in abundance. For even an immortal angel needs another angel as well to fulfill his/her duty. 

Dining with angels could be an off the wall scenario to think of–not when you cherish every good and kind individual that comes your way. So this is how I treasure friendship. 

Lucky you to find a good spiritual creature soaring or descending from and ascending to the heavens–I hope to encounter one, too. But why wait? They’re already around co-existing with you. You just have to have a thankful heart to notice each angel clearly as crystal–like those I dined with.

 

No comments: