Sunday, January 4, 2015

Drivers in Disguise




If you’re working or living outside the city, every ride you get means a lot–it doesn’t matter the drama–unless you got your own vehicle. And if not for important purpose or occasion, I rather stay home.

This time, I am going to acknowledge the service of taxi drivers, who for years have been my company along these rough roads up and down–to escape stress from work and get away from the urban life when I had enough–they were with me and will still be for as long as I’m in this country.  
    
My salary as a volunteer worker can’t afford to buy a car or a motorbike. And so I’ve no choice to squeeze in with other passengers (eight people) in a small taxi.  When my friend expressed her desire for a car, I knew how it feels–we’re in the same boat–it’s a great necessity.  

As usual I had to book a seat (seats rather with my adopted son) to celebrate the first three meals of the year with my friends in the city. It’s another significant ride no other man on earth could make it happen–only through this driver in disguise. 

Even just in a span of one year, have already lost count the number of times I took taxis to pick up and send off volunteers and friends (not to mention my own journeys)–not once I thought of giving value the effort of any of these angels–only pure business.  
  
Because simple “thank you” wasn’t enough in the past, just realized it few days ago, it’s now then to honor every taxi driver I’ll journey with in 2015 or beyond. I am going to look at it like riding a car with an angel. 

Of course, there are annoying drivers out there, but I know a lot who are not as well. So I’ll stick with these good ones lest unexpected circumstance insists. 

More than drivers in disguise, I will consider them as my angels now no matter if their intention is different from mine. I need them to help me fulfill my role in this country. They will be my unsung heroes.

They may not know this, but we are partners in crime (just kidding, of course). I mean we are partners in accomplishing my utmost longing to be a part of the development of this country as far as education is concern. Yes, they are!

So riding a car with an angel will be a continuous routine this year whether or not a miracle happens.

     

No comments: