Saturday, December 28, 2013

Youngster



“I want to win a lot of friends and influence people” he verbalized what he read.

“You are funny!” I said chuckling.

Forgive me, it wasn’t my intention to ridicule him but I was just caught surprised knowing how this young boy has a different perspective of friendship and leadership, at his age.

Youth at his age are so much into drinking and smoking and computer games nowadays. I wonder if I could always find the right person – like this one.  

A salute goes to the author for inspiring another reader!

Not in my entire life have seen someone young to read such huge and serious book – not in this generation. And so I was wrong with my assumption that adolescents these days never read serious book. You still can count one or a few.   

At least this young man has a view of the future and what is it to become a people-person and of influence. Seldom in a day you would find his kind or would be able to converse interestingly. I had a conversation back home with the same age, he was just so annoying – I could not even get a good conversation out of him.

He is a new friend – not even a year, and so I don’t know him that much. Thanks to this book because I got to know him a little bit – and deeper about his longing of a true friend. Hope this book will change his life for the better.

“I don’t even remember what books I had read at your age.”  I told him.

But for sure, they were spiritual nourishment in my search for spirituality.

The book may huge it seems and too staid for his age, but he finds it very interesting and so I find him rarely fascinating – not a typical modern youngster – he is one of a kind.

We had a good chat – not only about the book itself but many different things as well. Thank God for this new friend.



No comments: