Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tiny or Huge Room



People in the same boat will always have common things to talk about - whether a simple conversation or the one that truly needs heavenly wisdom to get the whole picture. I always prefer the former side for it doesn't take a nosebleed to enjoy such chit-chat. Not in my tiny room though, but in somebody else's this time where God's grace amazes me constantly. 

I used to call this place an orphanage - in so many instances - one fatherless like me can run to when famine struck my own place left me nothing to eat. For sure, this story of wonder is true to others as well - in this tiny room.

And used to call it a parsonage too where people of the same passion gathered together to testify the goodness of the One true Provider. Even the unspeakable joy is clear enough to discern. Not once but in innumerable times in this tiny room I know.

Now it is someone else's place. And for whatever purposes it is served, it's not mine to know. But once upon my life, this tiny room had become a home, a roof over my head, a shelter, and simply a kitchen where story of grace never ends - they are new every single time I was there.


From a tiny room to a huge room, this is how He blesses the ones He loves. Then I am not going to compare these two different spaces because both are the same - God can still display wonders and will continue to surprise us in ways one man couldn't imagine whether we have a small room or a big room at the moment.

Whether one is staying in a tiny room or not, He will bless this room big time. So that whoever witnesses this endless grace will bow down in awe.

I've been coming in and out of this huge room for a week now. In a short span of time, I've experienced the mercy that abounds including those seemingly unending get-together. Got so much to tell, but then again spaces don't matter. God meets us in both rooms; and where his children dwells, there He is in the midst of them.


Who doesn't like a spacious room?

If this is how He provides someone's need, then be it. After all, it's not what counts - it's the attitude - for a grateful heart creates a thankful home whether I'm having a huge room or just a tiny one.

What is a big room when you couldn't even invite a needy person or a hungry mouth or a thirsty soul or homeless one? I rather have a tiny room but filled with people who are in need of mercy and love and cares. 

This is what gracious grace is all about. Isn't it?

Of course, it is also a good thing to have a huge room to live, but if you don't know how to accommodate people in need, what's that room for aside from self-indulgence?

No comments: