Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fooling Around?



I may have had wrestled believing a destiny didn’t want at all – becoming an educator for the rest of my life – a Nineveh of my own – despising it for countless times, but I have never fooled a student in my entire life of teaching.

Because each learner deserves the best, and so who am I to deprive that or dispossess from them every single wisdom under the sun?

Because I once was a learner, too, and so I know how it feels having false or worst teachers around.

Because I understand the fragility of engaging in this path and so it needs hard work, passion, love, and calling to be called the real one – not fooling someone around.

Because I respect real teachers who labor hard to educate each pupil along the way, and so who are you to distort that image?

“What do you do?” a lady asked.

“I am a teacher, if you don’t mind.” I replied.

“So how many students have you fooled?” She posed another question trying to be funny.

“You don’t want to hear what’s at the back of my mind!” I murmured trying to bite my tongue.

I got this silly question a lot, and very intolerant about this craziness at the same time. It is so annoying like having someone flicked my ears. Now I wonder how many learners she has been fooling around.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not tough with my students – just one of those concerned mentors. My philosophy of teaching is actually fun-learning and so it’s different from playing around. I may be funny at times in the classroom, but I never withhold each nugget of wisdom one learner needs to know.    

I use whatever possible creative means to teach my learners including those non-unfriendly gadgets have been invented so far, but not to fool my students around – it’s called necessity. Sorry to say, you will never see me in the media room the entire semester or term because my learners deserve better than that.    

“So how many students have you fooled?”

Ask that question to your self because that is not how I perceive grace or passion or calling or my love for my learners – I never fool around.



No comments: